Dr. Arash Hashemi
Currently Board certified fellow of advanced Interventional Cardiology with interest of chronic total occlusion interventions
- Nov 2012 – Present : General & Interventional Cardiologist at Erfan General Hospital
- Nov 2012 – Present : General & Interventional Cardiologist at Nikan General Hospital
- Nov 2012 – Aug 2014: General Cardiologist at Imam Hossein General Hospital, Mehran, Ilam
- Nov 2013 – Aug 2014: Cardiologist at Imam Hossein General Hospital, Mehran, Ilam (Head of mortality committee)
- 2017 – Present: Advanced CTO training course in Belgium / Advanced CTO course in Nagoya Japan / Advanced CTO training program Ulm Germany / BTK training course Italy / Advanced CTO course Yokohama Japan
- Sep 2014 – Mar 2016: Interventional Cardiology fellowship program at Rajaei Cardiovascular, Medicinal & Research Center (RHC)
- Sep 2009 – Sep 2012: General Cardiology Program at Rajaei Cardiovascular, Medicinal & Research Center (RHC) – Ranked Top od 2009-2012 General Cardiology residency class at RHC – Elected Best Cardiology resident at RHC in 2009 and 2012 – Among top 10 ranked cardiologists in national cardiology board examination
- Sep 2009 – Sep 2009: Internal Medicine Residency Program at Iran University of Medical Sciences
- Mar 2007 – Sep 2008: Internship at Shahid Beheshti University Of Medical Science (SBMU)
- Sep 2001 – Sep 2008: Doctor of Medicine at Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Science (SBMU) – Graduated Magna cume laude – Graduated top 1% of 2001 until 2008 Class
Skills and Achievements:
- One of Iran’s youngest cardiologists and interventional cardiologists of all time at age 28 and 32 respectively
- Mention in acknowledge segment of Braunwald’s Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine, 10 edition and 11th edition
- Director for Advanced CTO workshop in ICCU 2017
- Scientific executive chair in Iran CTO Mashhad 2018
- Moderator for CTO session 7th Iranian join cardiovascular congress
- Scientific executive for Iranian CTO society
Research and Publications
- Positive brugada challenge test in V1R-V3R as a predictor of malignant prognosis in brugada patients http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/anec.12055/full.Annals of Noninvasive Electrocardiology Volume 18, Issue 5, pages 421–426, September 2013
- A prospective observational study of paediatric cardiac surgery outcomes in a postoperative intensive care unit in Iran.J Pak Med Assoc. 2013 Jan;63(1):55-9.
- Echocardiographic findings in thalassemia major: A case report and literature review. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3825357/.J Cardiovasc Thorac Res. 2012;4(2):57-9. doi: 10.5681/jcvtr.2012.014. Epub 2012 Sep 8.
- A rare case of congenital heart disease with Bifid Cardiac Apex: A unique finding in left ventricle. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3874376/.J Tehran Heart Cent. 2013 Jul; 8(3): 158–160.
- Short and long term outcomes after balloon pulmonary valvuloplasty in congenital pulmonary stenosis.http://www.sid.ir/En/VEWSSID/J_pdf/86820100207.pdf.(Iranian Heart Journal 2010; 11 (2):25-29).
- Oral flecainide is not sensitive enough to rule out Brugada-Syndrome. http://www.sid.ir/En/VEWSSID/J_pdf/86820120106.pdf.(Iranian Heart Journal 2012; 13 (1):34 -39).
- Spontaneous re-canalization of a stenotic lesion before stent deployment.http://www.sid.ir/en/VEWSSID/J_pdf/86820110210.pdf.(Iranian Heart Journal 2011; 12 (2):52-54).
- Comparing the accuracy of the flowmeter in calculating the amount of fluid intake with conventional prescription of fluids by nurses in cardiovascular ward.
- Extensive anterior myocardial infarction and ventricular septal rupture caused by myocardial bridge.http://www.sid.ir/en/VEWSSID/J_pdf/86820120109.pdf.(Iranian Heart Journal 2012; 13 (1):49 -51).
- Fragmented QRS complex in acute anterior myocardial infarction and coronary sinus blood flow: Is there any relevance?http://www.sid.ir/En/VEWSSID/J_pdf/86820110204.pdf.(Iranian Heart Journal 2011; 12 (2):23-25).
- Severe Knee Deformity in a cyanotic patient: A case report.http://www.sid.ir/EN/VEWSSID/J_pdf/86820120108.pdf.(Iranian Heart Journal 2012; 13 (1):46 -49).
- Left Ventricular Psuedo-Aneurysm: Do not sake the same mistake again. http://www.sid.ir/EN/VEWSSID/J_pdf/86820120308.pdf.(Iranian Heart Journal 2012; 13(3):39-42)13-Is there any positive remodeling after enhanced external counter pulsation in patients with severe refractory angina? Archives of Cardiovascular Imaging. 2014 May; 2(2): e20798 10.5812/acvi.20798://cardiovascimaging.com/20798.fulltext
- Is there any difference in cardiogoniometry parameters of ischemic and nonischemic cardiomyopathy in patients with left bundle branch block?http://www.cardiovascimaging.com/index.php?page=article&article_id=22903.Archives of Cardiovascular Imaging. 2(3): e22903 , DOI: 10.5812/acvi.22903
- Incidence of Mitral Regurgitation in Patients with Acute posterior ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction and Its Relationship with extension of Myocardial… A Alizadehasl, A Sadeghpour, MD Mousa Mirinazhad… – … QUARTERLY PUBLICATION OF …
- new onset significant paravalvular leakage in a patient with mechanical prosthetic aortic valve after exposure to magnetic resonance imaging. is there any relevance? http://cardiovascimaging.com/?page=article&article_id=10902.Archives of Cardiovascular Imaging. 1970 January; 1(1): 38-9. , DOI: 10.5812/acvi.10902
- Unusual case of aortic coarctation complicated by mycotic pseudoaneurysem and bicuspid aortic valve endocarditis.http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=-y7IIC0AAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra.Res Cardiovasc Med. 2014 Feb; 3(1): e13838.
- Which type of right ventricular pressure overload is worse? An echocardiographic comparison between pulmonary stenosis and pulmonary artery pressure.http://cardiovascimaging.com/22232.fulltext.Archives of Cardiovascular Imaging. 2014 November; 2(4): e22232 , DOI: 10.5812/acvi.22232
- Chest radiography in congenital heart disease.http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-1-4471-6383-1_9
- Arm pain as a complication after transradial coronary angiography: A case report and procedure review.Hashemi, Arash, et al. “Arm Pain as a Complication after Transradial Coronary Angiography: A Case Report and Procedure Review.” OFFICIAL PUBLICATION OF THE IRANIAN HEART ASSOCIATION: 30.
- Relative Effects of Enhanced External Counter Pulsation Therapy on Thyroid Hormones in Heart Failure Treatment. http://www.sid.ir/En/VEWSSID/J_pdf/86820120205.pdf.(Iranian Heart Journal 2012; 13(2):35-39).
- New Aspects of Family History of Heart Disease as a risk factor for coronary artery disease in patients with acute myocardial infarction. http://www.sid.ir/en/VEWSSID/J_pdf/86820110301.pdf.(Iranian Heart Journal 2011; 12 (3):6-11).
- Left Atrial Appendage Aneurysm. Ann Thorac Surg. 2016 Sep;102(3):e207-9. doi:10.1016/j.athoracsur.2016.02.012.
- oral presentation in 10th annual congress of interventional complications in tehran
- oral presentation in EuroPCR congress 2017 in paris , france Rapid left main disease progression following left coronary arteries PCI
- Oral presentation and chairman of multiple sessions and moderator for OCT workshop and Advanced CTO workshop in 19th international congress in cardiovascular updates(ICCU 2017)
- Oral presentation , chairman of advanced Retrograde CTO session and performance of opening live case in IRANCTO congress 2017
- chairman of CTO session and oral presentation in 2nd congress of clinical cases in complex cardiovascular theraputics (cccct 2)
- Oral presentation in EuroPCR 2017
- Oral Presentation in EuroPCR 2018
- Oral presentation and chairman 7th IJCC 2018
- Oral presentation and chairman IranCTO mashhad 2018
- 3 Oral presentation Europcr 2019 paris
- two Oral presentations in ICCU 2019
- oral presentation in IYAC 2019
- Comprehensive Approach to adult congenital heart disease http://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/978-1-4471-6383-1.pdf. 2014 – Springer
- Atlas of CXR in Cardiology . Arash Hashemi MD , MJ Hashemi MD, M Maleki MD , etc.
- Surface ECG in general cardiology Arash Hashemi MD, Abolfazl Alizadeh MD.
- Handbook of advanced CTO intervention techniques , Arash hashemi md , Arsis Ahmadyeh Md
Area of interest
- Coronary Chronic total occlusion (CTO) interventions
- Complex and high risk PCI field
- Primary PCI
- Left main PCI
- Professor Majid Maleki M.D , FACC . Interventional cardiologist. Professor of Cardiology , Iran university of medical sciences. President of Rajaie cardiovascular medical and research center.Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professor Feridoun Noohi Bezanjani M.D.FACC. President of Iranian Heart Association (IHA).Professor of Cardiology, Iran University of Medical Sciences.E-mail: email@example.com
- Professor Sima Rafieyan M.D. Pediatric interventional cardiologist.Director of education in Shaheed modares hospital at SBMU. Email:Sima_raf@yahoo.com
- Seyfollah Abdi,M.D.Interventional cardiologist. Member of Executive board of Iranian society of interventional cardiology.